Studio Brief 3 - Critical reflection and proposal

Sunday 4 August 2019

COP3: Evaluation

Overall, after approaching my practical brief in a new way, I think this brief response has been a lot more successful and I have definitely hit all of the Learning Outcomes more efficiently. As I knew from the start I would not be physically creating the mindfulness space, I think I struggled with how to execute the ideas and how to produce some graphic design work to submit. After re thinking how this could be done, the idea of creating a pitch to put forward to individuals within Leeds Arts University seemed the best option to have as an end product. In order to do this, I still needed to have some design work that would support this. Firstly, it was suggested to look at the design elements that would go into this space, I chose to interpret this and to gather all the information I needed (what design elements would be used within the space) and translate this into an infographics poster. Having this meant I had some design work to submit but also a visual way of presenting my research and information that would be included within the pitch. Moreover, I also chose to create promotional material for this brief which would be used to benefit the students and make them aware of the space available. This also meant I used graphic design skills to create posters which meant I was happy with the work I was going to submit. Also, as I am not physically designing the space it allows the brief to have more substance to it, without it just being written ideas on a page.

Furthermore, I think the work being submitted for this module responds well to the brief as I am creating physical work but also directly linking my work to the essay piece. Therefore, I have created a practical response to my essay and have drawn on the research of how mindfulness can benefit design, using my target audience as university students as I felt these were the individuals that would benefit mostly from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment